Monday, January 24, 2005

A little WoW rant...

Some people in this world want everything, and they want it their way.

Last night in "World of Warcraft," I was wandering around in the Arathi Highlands in search of elusive iron. Branny's metalcraft (aka blacksmithing skill) is almost to 200 now, but is just a wee bit short of the mark. At the same time, I was engaging raptors and spiders for that small tiny bit of XP I needed to get to 38.

After a while, I took Branny to the Drywhisker Gourge. The kobolds there are still a good challenge, AND there's mithril in that cave sometimes (along with the iron). Not to mention the nice sellable shinies the kobolds drop.

Now, seeing as the cave IS after all a quest cave, I wasn't all that suprised to see others there already. No problem, there's enough to share, I figured. I'm a polite sort, not one to let others clear the way to a ore vein for me so I can snag it. Heck, I'm one who usually will share a vein, if given half the chance.

I carefully made my way through the caverns, taking on the kobolds and seeking out iron on my radar. A couple times I noticed the iron pop, and made my way over, but saw others engaged with kobolds already nearby, so with a shrug I passed on by to fight some more kobolds. A little frustrating, but no problem. These folks have just as much right to the iron as I do.
I even took the time to cast a few blessings (buffs) on the other players.

I went around and around, and each time was not the first one to spot the ore, so I passed it by. Finally, there was a dwarf (the same dwarf I had politely passed by several times already) who was engaged with a kobold, a few steps from an iron vein. A little past the iron, I also saw a chest.

Now, the dwarf finished with the kobold, and took off straight for the iron ore, mining it without a word to me. Fine and dandy, I thought to myself. You get the iron, I get the chest.

Sounds fair, right?

...

...

...

I guess not.

As I was clearing out the chest, the dwarf had just finished off his mining and ran in my direction. He looked at me clearing out HIS chest, shook his head and SIGHED in disgust, then ran off without saying a word.

...

...

...

...greedy bastard.

Oh well. It made me a tad grumpy, but I still persisted in my efforts, and did manage to get myself to level 38 before logging out for the night. But
no more free buffs for THAT dwarf. On my list he is, and he'll stay there for a bit... or longer. We'll see.

Yeah, yeah - I know it's petty and vindictive. I have my moments. *shrug*

No comments: