Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Glum Thoughts

Yesterday was grandma's birthday. Went with mom to take her some flowers and visit for a while.

Grandma's not looking too good. She's really looking frail and tired, and she's getting weaker and weaker. Dad says he isn't sure she's going to last out the year.

Sadness...

Grandpa is also not as spry as he used to be. His leg bothers him, and he hardly goes out for walks anymore. Even though he's supposed to, to help the circulation in his leg.

My dad's mother is also getting more frail and weaker as time goes by. She's older, but also lived a much healthier lifestyle than my mom's mom.

More sadness...

Mortality is going to steal these people away from me soon. There's nothing I can do to stop it. Just even briefly thinking about it leaves me filled with a melancholy aching. The painful reality looms in the not-so-distant future.

But for now, I'll do my best to ignore it, and take my grandmothers flowers when I can.

No comments: