Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Homesick

It's kind of silly, as I've only been here a few days, but I'm missing home really bad right now. I miss my friends, I miss the town, I miss being able to drive around and run errands for myself - but most of all, I miss my family. I've lost my appetite the past couple of days, and have been feeling really down - enough so that Deb and Wes are worried.

I've been trying to keep busy with stuff - a little cleaning here, and a little reorganizing there, polishing up the resume, working on a new cover letter, stuff like that. But I just haven't been able to muster up much spirit about it.

So, I decided to call home today, and talk to the family. You know, just see how they are doing, let them know I miss them, and that kind of thing. I thought I'd get all weepy talking to Mom, but I got more weepy talking to Dad, really. He's been really worried, and I had to tell him several times that I'm okay. Mom was more practical, although I could tell she was happy I called. She asked me if I needed anything, and said she'd ship some things up to me, and have some things for me to take back when I visit for Thanksgiving.

I feel a little better now. I still miss them, but they're still there for me. And I know that they always will be - just like I'll always be there for them.

No comments: