Friday, November 18, 2005

Far Away

This poem kind of came to me. Been tinkering with it for the past couple of days. It's not completely on-the-mark with my situation, but the emotions are about right.
_____

Far Away
It hurts so much, it hurts so bad,
and I’m so far away.
Sharing thoughts and feelings now,
the things we couldn’t say.
The walls of silence tumble down,
assaulted by dismay.
And now our hearts we freely share -
but I’m so far away.

I’m far away from home,
So far and so alone.
A wayward leaf that’s blown,
Bereft of all I’ve known.
Still lost and doomed to roam,
A heart that can’t atone.
Still aching to the bone,
still longing for a home.

It seemed so right, it seemed so real,
But now it’s far away.
And everything we fought about,
a meaningless display.
Of tantrums thrown and egos bent,
the pain leads hearts astray.
And looking back I wonder why -
but now it’s far away.

I’m far away from home,
still feeling all alone.
A stone ‘cross water thrown,
cast into dark unknown.
Uncertain paths I roam,
and seek to make my own.
Still trying to atone,
still longing for my home.


A mind - weathered and worn
A heart - tattered and torn
A grief - mended and shorn
A soul – renewed and reborn


It hurts so much, it hurts so bad,
I feel so far away.
I’m holding on to what we have,
and won’t be lead astray.
Against the fear I wield a flame,
the darkness to allay.
And bolstered by your faith and love,
We’re not so far away.

I’m out here on my own,
myself, but not alone.
The pain I can’t disown,
and carry as I roam.
To test the dark unknown,
and see how much I’ve grown.
One day I’ll find my home.
Someday I’ll be at home.

© Talathar - November 16, 2005

No comments: